- 8 ounces small bow tie pasta
- 6-8 ounces smoked salmon, shredded
- 1-2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (or substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Cook pasta adding a little olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking together. Cook until tender. Pour into a colander and rinse with cold water, allow to drain.
In a large bowl combine shredded salmon, red onion, capers, dill, pepper, garlic, olive oil and lemon. Add olive oil as needed for moisture.
Cover and refrigerate for an hour or more, allowing flavors to mix.
Serve warm or cold.