- 2/3 cup bacon, chopped (about 3 strips)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 cups stock (chicken, vegetable or fish)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4-6 ounces C&H Smoked Salmon, shredded
- 2 tablespoons corn starch, diluted in 1/4 cup of water
In a large sauce pan, sauté bacon until lightly browned. Add olive oil, white wine, bay leaf, pepper. Stir in chopped onions and celery.
Cover and cook slowly, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until onions are opaque and tender. Add stock, bring to boil and add potatoes. Reduce heat and cook until tender.
Add smoked salmon and 2 cups cream. Simmer for 20 minutes or more. Serve.
Holds well in the refrigerator. Reheat at medium low on stove top or in microwave.