- 4-6 oz C&H Smoked Salmon, crumbled
- 4-6 oz creamed cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tblspns lemon zest OR 1 tblspn lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced (May substitute 1 tblspn garlic powder)
- 1-2 tblspns olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (May substitute a different nut of your choice)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
In a large bowl combine smoked salmon, capers, dill, red onion, lemon zest, garlic and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil. When combined well, add cream cheese.
Mixing with your hands works best. Shape into a ball.
On a clean cutting board, spread a layer of chopped walnuts. Roll cheese ball around in nuts pressing gently, making sure you’ve covered all surfaces. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Serve with crackers or thinly sliced toasty bread.